Saturday, August 11, 2012

August 9, 2012 - 11 Months



Henry,

And just like that, we stuck on your 11th sticker and celebrated your very last monthly birthday before the big one (literally the big ONE).  Your birthday party is planned and the invites have been mailed, all the while with mommy scratching her head, wondering where has the past year gone!?  It's amazing how long some of the days can seem with a newborn and then infant, but how incredibly fast the past 11 month  as an entirety have passed.  As you toddle about the house, I am in complete denial of your impending toddlerhood.

You had quite the busy summer, my little boy.  With adventures to Colorado and Michigan, sweet out of town visitors, more than a few trips to the zoo, birthday parties, days at the pool, and lots of playing in between!

You love your wooden spoon(s) so much these days.  We're constantly finding wooden spoons in the most unlikely places.  Backseats of our cars, laptop bags, our bed, closet, etc.

More than your wooden spoons, you love your bunny.  When mommy was little, she had a pink blankie.  As I grew bigger and bigger, my blankie grew smaller and smaller, until all that remained was a ragged little pink(ish) fabric remnant.  I am feeling pretty confident that your bunny is to you, what my pink blankie was to me.  So just to be extra precautious, Mommy had a back up bunny made for you this month!  When you are a big boy I will tell you all about my trip to the monogram shop to make sure the embroidered "Henry" matched just so on both of your bunnies.  And how every week I secretly switch out your bunnies so they will match in wear and tear!

You have also been a busy boy this month meeting all of the neighbors.  Meldy takes you for a long walk every morning, and every time she comes home she tells me about a new little friend you have made!  You ride around, just like the mayor in your red wagon, smiling and waving at all who pass by.  Just this week a new baby boy was born right across the street from our house!  I am so excited for you to grow up on a street filled with friends!

Sweet Henry, you keep our lives so full and bring us SO much happiness!  I love your sense of humor, I love how you like me to read you "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" 5 times in a row and cry if I try to quit after 2.  I love you how you will stick out your tongue and giggle when we say "Where's Henry's tongue" and how you bury your little finger deep inside your Daddy's belly button when we say "Where's Daddy's belly button?"   I love how you will shout for "Ah-Ah" across the house at bath time and how cute you look when we wrap you up in your hooded towel.  I mean seriously, is there anything cuter in life than a chubby baby in a hooded towel.  But most of all little boo bear, I just LOVE YOU!

I love you,
Love Mommy

11 month Stats:
Eat:  Solid meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner and usually one snack in the mix!  Your favorite foods are blueberries, cheese, and mango.  You are still nursing about 5 times per 24 hour period!  The goal is to start the weening process in a few weeks!
Sleep:  You are napping 2 times per day (late morning for about an hour and mid to late afternoon from anywhere from 1 hour to 2).  You are still going to bed at night at 8pm, and as of the past week have been sleeping until about 5:45 AM and then you nurse and go back down to about 7.
Weight:  I think you are around 21 lbs!  We moved you to your big boy car seat this month too!
BIG MILESTONE:  Um how could I forget to mention you started WALKING this month!!!!!! I sent out a text to your grandparents when you took your first steps, and 45 minutes later your grandma showed up on our doorstep with some walking presents!   Those silly grandparents!





No comments:

Post a Comment