Monday, January 28, 2013

Henry's 1st Birthday



So clearly this post is, well um, LONG overdue. Seeing as one of my New Year's Resolutions is to turn this little Henry blog into a Blurb Book, it's high time I knock out the 1st Birthday Party post. My only excuse is that it got to the point where I was so busy trying to document Henry's little life (pictures, blog, Facebook, baby book, Instagram, etc etc etc) that I started to feel like I wasn't present in the moment enjoying his little life! Combine that with new role at work + new house + newly mobile toddler + all of the other commitments that keep us all crazy + starting to feel like a blog is a little narcissistic (I mean our live is really NOT that interesting) something had to give! Anyway, better late than never!

Henry's 1st Birthday was truly one of my favorite days ever! I succumbed to the Pinterest craze and sought to create a festive and preppy nautical themed celebration. Let's be real, I started planning his first birthday around his 2 month mark. We had his party at our house. Instead of boring with you with all of the little details I'll just share of a few of the highlights. I'll add that if you would have asked me on September 10th, if we would be having a blow out bash like this annually, I would have said NO WAY! But here I am, 5 months later, already starting to gather pins for his 2nd Birthday party. Now I just have to convince Marty that YES we DO need to rent that firetruck.

A few 1st Birthday Tips and Highlights:

1. Best ideas ever- outsourcing photography: back to my whole compulsion with documenting every millisecond of Henry's first year, you can imagine how crazy I would have been behind a camera or a crock pot on this day.
2.  Which leads me to my next best birthday decision ever:  We decided to get a big food truck for our driveway, so we didn't have to worry about food.  It was delish!
3.  I love, love, loved Henry's party hat, which I ordered here.  Seriously how did non craft people like me get through life before the ability to outsource to Etsy?!
4.   Having all of our friends and family present to share in Henry's big day was the best part of all!!!
5.  Can't forget the cake!  I am a total cake snob.  Like super picky about everything from how moist to how sweet  and soft the icing is.  It's hard combo to perfect while also making certain the cake looks super cute!  Carrie Made the Cake rocked!!!

Baby Henry- I hope you had the best 1st Birthday Party EVER!!!!  We love you so, so, so, so, much!  Bigger than the biggest truck!








No comments:

Post a Comment