Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentine's Wreath!

If you know me, you know I am the antithesis of crafy.  In fact, I am all about outsourcing all things crafty!  But I'm a Mom now, and so to some extent I feel like I need to make some measurable increases to my craftiness quotient.  As such, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to do ONE thing crafty!  ie make something I would typically buy!

M and I are in the process of purchasing a house and in driving around this urban yet Stepford neighborhood, I couldn't help but notice that most ALL of the houses have a Valentine's Wreath hanging from their door (this is  in addition to the 2.5 Addorandeck chairs and blue swings gracing the front yards).  So of course a Valentines's Wreath shot to the top of my want list and provided me the perfect opportunity to knock out this resolution.

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you the fruits of my 6 trips to Michael's/JoAnns/Hobby Lobby/High Fashion Home + many, many hours of labor.  $50+ later, I can honestly tell you that I probably wouldn't have paid $25 for this in a store.  I may be the only person on earth for whom DIY actually costs more than store bought.  Special thanks to my husband who cut out at least 275 burlap circles...



4 comments:

  1. aw its so cute and you will keep it forever! I decorate for every season and make something new each year, its way worth the $50 buckeroos and H will love helping you decorate when he gets older! LOVE this, can you make me one? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am retiring from crafts until at least Easter...maybe even Fourth of July! Ha! We still need to meet up for coffee or something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristyn- so cute! You should have asked me to send you a Cricut Expression 2, so that Marty didn't have to cut out all those circles, the machine could have done it for you :) Let me know if you need one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan- what is a Cricut Expression 2?!?!

    ReplyDelete