Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 9th, 2011- Three Months



 Henry,


I can hardly believe you are 25% through your first year of life!  My how the past three months have just flown by!  Our life without you in it seems like decades ago!  I also wonder what on earth I did with myself all day and night before I was your Mommy!  You are growing to be such a big baby boy and officially today you are no longer a "newborn," but have graduated to "infant"!  It has been a joy this past month watching your little personality blossom and emerge.  While on the outside, you may be a spitting image of your Daddy, I think on the inside you are a lot like your Mommy!  You can be a stubborn, impatient little thing (just like Mommy).  And just like Mommy, you are not too sold on nap time..too many places to go, too many people to see!  I do wish you would nap more though, if only so I can see that HUGE gummy smile that creeps across your face every time you wake up from a slumber.  Nothing on this earth makes me happier than to see your big smile!


You had a lot of firsts this past month!  Your first overnight trip (with Mommy to San Antonio) and your first tummy to back rollover (Mommy and Daddy were so proud to see how determined you were to make that happen).  You also had your very first week with your nanny, Meldy!  Mommy was so, so, so, so anxious leading up to this week, but each morning you greet Meldy with your biggest, best smile and it makes me feel happy to see you enjoying her playing with you, reading to you, and speaking Spanish to you.  In a perfect world I would spend 24 hours a day of just Mommy and Henry time, but I promise that for every hour you and I have to spend apart while Mommy works will make every hour we do spend together that much more special. 


Your BIG discovery this month were your very own hands!  Those precious, pudgy little hands are now your absolute favorite thing.  You love them so much in fact, that you no longer will even look at, much less suck,  your pacifier!  You just want those hands in your mouth all day and night!  This month you are also loving all of the bright sparkly lights on our Christmas tree!  You even have your very own ornament!  Mommy and Daddy decided we will get you a very special ornament each Christmas to go on the tree!  And while Mommy has been reading you little books since the day we brought you home, you seem to be finally enjoying them!  Some of my favorite times with you are when we lay down on a cozy blanket together on the floor of your room and read the same books I read when I was a little girl!  I was so proud of you this week when you made it through a LONG Dr. Seuss book, "Horton Hears a Who."  I think you really enjoy looking at the pictures and hearing the rhymes!

At the very top of your dislike list are red traffic lights.  You may have the youngest case of road rage ever!  As soon as our car slows down for a red light, you fuss and fuss.  And as soon as it turns green you are back to your sweet cooing self!  It seems that we now inevitably hit every red light wherever we go!  You are also not a big fan of bedtime.  You love the entire routine leading up to bedtime (your bath, your songs, your massage, your book), but once it's time to lay that sweet little head of yours down to go to sleep, you just aren't feeling it.  Maybe next month!!!  Although you may be a mind reader, because as I write this you are sound asleep, in your crib at that, at 8:15 PM.  And it only took 30 minutes!  Speaking of the bedtime routine, after 2 weeks straight of busting both arms and legs out of your swaddle, we decided you must be graduating from that too!  So now you are looking so cute (and like such a big boy) in your sleep sack come bedtime! 

You are changing and growing so much everyday, that I could just go on and on!  But most importantly I want you to know that while you have brought ENORMOUS amounts of change into our lives, more than I imagined, you have also brought much more love into our lives and into our hearts than I ever imagined too.  You've made your Mommy a much more patient woman and having you in our lives has made Mommy and Daddy love and appreciate each other in new ways too!  I love you so much my sweet baby boy! 

Love, Mommy

Henry,
Daddy can’t believe that you’re already 3 months old! Mommy asked me if I thought it has gone by quickly or slowly and I said both! The days pass by so quickly but you make the nights long! You still haven’t slept for more than 5 hours straight and those days are few and far between. You  are much more aware of your surroundings these days, craning your little neck to see everything as we walk around. When mommy and daddy take you to restaurants, all you want to do is get out of your car seat and look around. You also learned how to roll over from your tummy to your back on Thanksgiving! Mommy and Daddy were very proud of you. Your little legs are so strong! You can support your body weight, but don’t have the balance or the coordination to hang on to the edge of the table yet. You’re also talking a lot and smile much more often. We love watching you grow up a little each day! We love you so much and can’t imagine our loves without you!
Love,
Daddy




No comments:

Post a Comment