Sunday, December 4, 2011

Henry's First Mass

Thought maybe I could camouflage the rain induced bad hair day by converting this pic to B&W

At Henry's baptism when he was just 8 weeks old, I made the rookie mistake of telling Father Tom that we had still not yet taken Henry to mass.  In jest he asked "Now how old is this boy?"  I thought he was going to ask me for 8 Hails Mary's in penance on the spot!  But seriously, being a priest and all, Father Tom hasn't ever had to brave mass with a newborn in tow....and apparently with our attendance lapse, neither have we!

Now that Henry is 12 weeks old, we were finally feeling confident enough (and guilty...I mean we are Catholic after all ) to head back to mass!  Secretly we HAD to go today...our nanny starts tomorrow and I need all of the heavenly intervention possible to get me through this first milestone on the road back to work.  We grabbed a pew near the back and made sure to sit on the edge.  Henry was such a little angel!  He loved starring at the stained glass and Marty only had to step into the aisle for a few minutes about halfway through to bounce him before he fell soundly asleep!

After church we took advantage of Henry's evening nap and checked out a few Christmas lights on the way home.  If Christmas light opulence is any indication of an economic upswing, we are clearly on the rise!  I can not recall seeing such over the top lights in years past!  I snapped a few of my favorites, which do not even begin to do justice!  The giant oak trees with lights wrapped from the bottom of the trunks to the tips of the branches are absolutely amazing in person!


This tree is at least 100 ft tall and absolutely breathtaking in person!



1 comment:

  1. Hi K,
    I couldn't find your email to answer your question, you can email me at strehlow_jessica@att.net
    I can not wait to go check out all the Christmas lights next weekend! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete