Thursday, December 1, 2011

Henry's First Thanksgiving

I can't believe I am almost a week overdue in chronicling Henry's very first Thanksgiving.  Pre Henry I thought time flew by and now it seems like the days, weeks, and even the months are blurring together and passing by at lightening speed.

Anyway- back to Henry's first Thanksgiving!  We kicked off the holiday bright and early with the Turkey Trot!  All of Marty's family from Michigan (from his dad's side) joined us for Thanksgiving in Houston, so we were thrilled to have his cousins along with us for the race . The Turkey Trot was a monumental occasion, not only because it was Henry's "first competitive run," but it was also mama's first time to run a full 5k without walking in A LONG TIME!  Mission accomplished!

After the run we headed home to relax a bit before the big evening feast.  We decided to light a fire and have some tummy time with Henry in   front of the cozy blaze.  Earlier in the week I had read in another blog that a colleague of mine with a baby born exactly one week after Henry had accomplished the big "tummy to back" rollover milestone!  So of course this competitive mama decided it was time to hit the floor for some rollover lessons with our little HH!  Our sweet boy mastered it after about 15 minutes!  We are very proud parents!

Later in the afternoon, we headed over to Marty's dad's house for not one, not two, but a THREE Turkey feast.  Henry was a little shy and over stimulated by all of the action and was happy to tuck in for bed in his bassinet stroller around 8pm, so he missed all of the competitive ping pong playing and the outside fire.

Daddy fried up a turkey to bring to Thanksgiving 

Meeting Uncle Azad for the first time




On Friday we headed to The Woodlands to celebrate Thanksgiving with my dad and step mom. We enjoyed a relaxing day with lunch at the country club and some movie watching.  Of course we had to get Henry on the floor to show off his new rolling over skills!




Saturday night was our "big" night out with the cousins!  My mom came down and watched Henry so we headed to St. Genevieve (yum! I was able to indulge in my favorite chocolate chip cookie in town...((sugar detox obviously abandoned for the weekend))...)   We then headed to The Owl, which is a where Marty and I met, although technically back in those days it was called Mugsy's!


And finally on Sunday we capped off our busy weekend with a trek to Sugarland for Henry to get his professional Santa picture taken! I can't wait to see how they turn out!  The setting was a darling antique/vintagey shop!  His outfit was adorable and he even flashed a few smiles at Santa, so I am hoping the photographer caught it all!

All in all it was a very busy, but great weekend with MUCH to be Thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment