Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 9, 2012- 7 months


Sweet Baby Boy,

You've now tipped over the half year hump! I can't believe you are closer to one year than you are to being that teeny tiny newborn!  You are looking more and more like a real little boy and less like a baby everyday!  I would give anything to put life on slow motion for a bit.  You are growing up too fast!  I am so thankful that you are still the cuddliest little guy ever.  Nothing in this whole world makes me happier than when you nuzzle your little head into my neck or curl up and tuck right in with your mama!

Your favorite new addition to your life this month is sitting in your high chair!  After your (not so) little thighs got stuck in your bumbo, we decided it was time to graduate to the real big boy high chair!   You sit up so straight and proud like a little king in your high chair/ eating throne.

My favorite new trick of yours this month is your infectious laugh.  I mean seriously, I can't think of anything cuter in this entire world than your sweet little cackle.  Being the serious little guy that you are, you've only busted out in full blown hysterics a handful of times.  Most memorably the time you sneezed during dinner and green pea puree blew out of your nose and all over mommy.  At first you did not know whether to laugh or cry, but then quickly you settled on laughter.  In that moment I decided you definitely have a sense of humor.

I love you so, so, so much.  Every day I don't think my heart can possibly fill with more love for you, yet somehow it does!!!!  You are my little nugget and you make Daddy and I the happiest, luckiest two people in the entire world.

Some of your stats:
Eat:  You are still breastfed and getting some pureed solids at night .  So far you've had banana, pear, avocado, apple, squash, carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, green peas, and prunes.  Beginning on your 7th month birthday we've started doing a puree or two for breakfast too.  And may I just say these have taken your poops to uncharted territory!  Wow!

Sleep:  The time change threw us for a bit of a loop.  Your bedtime routine is still the same (eat, bath, massage, read, nurse, sleep), but we've pushed it back a little bit.  You typically go to bed now around 7:30.  You'll usually fuss for about 15 minutes and then you're down until around 11.  We nurse again at 11, usually around 3, and then you're up at 7 for the day.  You are taking 2-3 naps a day.  Usually anywhere in duration from 20 minutes to 1 hour.

# of Teeth:  3.5

Favorites:  Music, your high chair, balls, blocks, pulling George's hair and making him squeak, your winkle, books, playing the tickle monster game

I love you baby boy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment