Henry's first Easter weekend was so fun! And I cannot wait until next year when he will hopefully be old enough to hunt for eggs! Every Easter I am reminded of the fact that my mom seriously "hid" eggs for me (hundreds of eggs, not so hidden, all over the FRONT yard) until I was in at least the 6th or 7th grade. Whatever year it was, I was old enough to be mortified at the thought of any of my friends driving by and seeing me out in the front yard gathering up my eggs as quickly as possible!
On a positive note, I can still remember that super exciting feeling of peering down from my bedroom window Easter morning and seeing all of those plastic eggs all over the place. I need to start thinking of some Easter traditions for Henry. The main one I remember is getting a new stuffed bunny each year. My other favorite Easter memory is of me trying to out smart my dad and convince him that the Easter bunny was not real, because seriously how in the world could he carry around ALL of those eggs and baskets for ALL of the boys and girls when he didn't even have a sleigh or elves.
We kicked off Henry's first Easter with breakfast with Marty's parents on Saturday morning. The weather was perfect- one of those rare Spring days in Houston. Then on Saturday afternoon we headed down to the Woodlands to spend the rest of the day with my dad and stepmom. We had high hopes to eat out Saturday night in the Woodlands, but Henry was having a fussy day so we stayed in and watched War Horse. Easter morning my mom came down to partake in our ambitious goal of 9:00 AM Mass. The church was standing room only, but Henry and I were able to slip into the last seat in a pew. Henry lasted through about the 2nd reading before he had to slip outside with Grandma.
In other news, they say you can't spoil a baby, but seriously...
| Basket #1 from Mommy and Daddy (I need to get craftier in my presentation skills) |
| Basket #2 From Gigi and Grandpa Bob (perfectly color coordinated with this outfit) |
| Basket #3 and presents from Grandma Christine (including his singing / ear flopping bunny) |
He got so, so, so, so many cute things!!!! What a lucky little man he is!!!! In other Easter news, Marty is thrilled to be eating red meat again. I on the other hand am on the fence about rejoining the Facebook world! I have reactivated and deactivated about 3 times this weekend. It's just ONE MORE THING to manage and suck time! Ughhh! I am sure it's only a matter of time and I will be back on the dark side.
Happy Easter everyone xoxo








No comments:
Post a Comment