Friday, February 10, 2012

Mini Marty?


I am not going to lie, as soon as Henry popped on out, I took one look at him and it was like seeing a bright red, wrinkled up, miniature version of my husband (forehead scowl and all)!  And of course it was love at first sight, even if that child looked NOTHING like his mama and 200% Daddy!  After all, they say it's nature's paternity test, right?

So fast forward a few months.  Now when I look at Henry, I see....well I just see Henry. It's hard for me to objectively sum him up and say he looks like me or he looks like Marty.  I so much "just see Henry" that it almost surprises me now when people meet Henry for the first time or see pictures of him and call him a Mini Marty.  On the flip side, after hearing for the 2 millionth time that he looks just like Daddy, when the odd bird tells me he does look like me, I feel like they are either being totally sarcastic or simply trying to be nice.

Our Friday nights are obviously super awesome, because tonight my highlight has been a little photo line up in the quest to look at this bambino with some objectivity.  And maybe I'm crazy, but I swear the kid is a 50/50 mix!!!  And in total honesty, I think he somehow turned out cuter than both of us!  Isn't that a  mathematical impossibility?  The whole cannot be greater than the sum of its parts?  Well clearly Baby Henry, a fallacy you have proven!


1 comment:

  1. I could have written this post word.for.word! have you SEEN Georgia's baby pics? spitting image of her daddy! Now I see more of myself in her (probably her personality aka willfulness) and she's "just Georgia" to me, too.

    ReplyDelete