A few days later I decided to skip the rice cereal and go straight to bananas pureed with a lot of breast milk to make them nice and liquidity. Seeing as this was the first non breast milk meal to grace Henry's lips, his reaction didn't really meet my expectations. I don't know what I imagined, but something probably along the lines of a huge, lip licking, OH MY LORD THESE BANANAS ARE SO DAMN GOOD smile. His reaction bordered on the line of disinterest. He was more interested in gnawing on the empty rubber spoon.
In the past 2 weeks we've tried solids two more times. The banana route again once and today 2 tablespoons of rice cereal mixed with 1.5oz of breast milk. Interestingly he seemed WAY more into the rice cereal and was practically shoving it off the spoon with his fingers and into his mouth. But maybe this is just because he in general warming up to the spoon to mouth concept. My plan is to throw a "solid" snack in every few days after his early evening nursing session. Once he hits 6 months we will get more routine with the solids and probably start introducing a new homemade Stage 1 food once or so a day, every 4 days. Here's to hoping this will buy us 6 hours of consecutive sleep at night!
![]() |
| Oh yeah- I forgot about the time I froze a few bits of banana and stuck them in the mesh teether. He wasn't too into it. But how about those light blue eyes?! |









Hey is so adorable! Those legs!! :)
ReplyDeleteROFL on your hubs...so so so funny!