Friday, October 21, 2011

Baby Weight Part 3: A Candid Confession


This week = greasy fries.  In the past 10 days we have celebrated our anniversary and both of our birthdays.  From a dinner at Mark's to not one, but TWO back to back dinners at Tiny Boxwoods (which included both Smokey Salted Carmel Cake AND chocolate chip cookies), there is no doubt my "diet" was derailed.   With all of the celebrating behind us, I am committed to getting my eating back on track starting TODAY.  Seriously, SERIOUSLY no more sweets.  Any tips on how I can stick to this?  Obviously I am lacking in the sweets self control department.  Sugar makes me all tingly and happy inside.  I'm not kidding, sometimes I legitimately feel my face tingle when I eat chocolate.

While the week was a total fail from a nutrition stand point, I have hit the 6 week postpartum mark, which means I am officially cleared to exercise.  Here is how the week shook out:

Monday:  (Define Body) I went back to Define for my first class post baby!  I had not taken a class until about halfway through my 8th month of pregnancy, and I was definitely a bit apprehensive  on how I would hang!  No doubt it was difficult, but not as hard as I expected.  During the thigh work when my legs were shaking like a leaf, I kept thinking "you had a baby, you can DO THIS!"  The absence of the big protruding belly made a lot of the moves MUCH easier.  Ironically during the class was the first time I really missed being pregnant....those savasana minutes at the end of class were always a sweet time with Baby Hogan in my tummy.

Tuesday:  (Couch to 5K, Week 4 Day 1) Mindy and I finally stepped our walks up to runs.  Having been a Couch to 5K graduate (which got me on track to run my first half marathon back in 2010), this is where we are starting.  We were feeling  ambitious and decided to start with Week 4 of the program, which equates to about a 1.5 mile run spread over two 3 minute and two 5 minute intervals.  Essentially there are 3 runs per week and it's a 9 Week program which culminates in you completing a full 5K run.  For anyone who is looking to meet a goal of running a 5K, I totally endorse C25K.  The iPhone app is great too.  P.S.  Running with a jogging stroller uphill in the wind is no joke.

Wednesday:  (Couch to 5K, Week 4 Day 2) Another day of Couch to 5K! Thought maybe I was going to die.  Definitely would have quit had I not had a running buddy.

Thursday:  Rest.  And technically I did lay on my back and lift Henry up and down 20 times like he was an airplane/big weight, but I am not sure this can count as exercise, even though it did have my arms quivering.

Friday:  (Couch to 5K,  Week 4 Day 3)  This checked the box on all of the Week 4 runs. I am not going to say it was pretty, but we did it.  Before we move onto Week 5, the plan is to repeat Week 4 one more time.  Quite frankly we are scared to death of the third run in Week 5:  "Run 20 minutes straight."  Shoot me now.

Weight loss for the week:  .4 lbs (ughhh), 119.0 lb.

Goals for next week:  1 Define Body Class, Repeat Week 4 of C25K, SERIOUSLY seriously SERIOUSLY work harder on giving up limiting sweets.


No comments:

Post a Comment