Auctions in general have long held a special place in my heart. Because when you think about it, an auction is essentially competitive shopping, right? What's not to love?
As a child my mom stuffed me in smocked clothing far longer than it was deemed cool by my peers, probably at least until 4th or 5th grade. Seriously I think I have emotional smocking scars to this day from that plaid jumper featuring a black Scottie dog. As a result, I swore I would never subject my child to the smocking trends, particularly if I had a boy. The biggest lesson being a mother has taught me- Never say Never.
I lost my Smocked Auctions virginity by accident. Really. Henry is meeting quite a bit of family for the first time during Thanksgiving and besides, it's his FIRST Thanksgiving, so of course something festive and featuring at least one turkey is a requirement. I started my search just looking for cute "Baby's First Thanksgiving" bibs, but then one day this little turkey longall popped up in my Facebook newsfeed It met all of my "Baby's First Thanksgiving" requirements and more. And so it began....
I quickly scanned through the FAQ section on the Smocked Auctions Facebook page and at 8:29pm on the dot I was ready and waiting to make that turkey outfit mine! That's the beauty of Smocked Auctions. In addition to that normal adrenaline/oxytocin surge you get when you click "submit order" with regular online shopping, here it is competitive. I obsessively refreshed my screen until finally the turkey longall was posted and then my heart raced as I commented "SOLD!" hoping I had beaten the other smocked fanatics out there yearning for that size 3 months turkey longall.
Since that fateful first night, Smocked Auctions has become a bit of a Tuesday/Thursday night tradition in the Hogan household. He'd never admit it, but I think even Marty is slightly into it. Smocked Auctions stole his heart when they previewed a Nutcracker Christmas Longall (longer story behind the Marty's Nutrcracker fetish to be told at a later date).....
So far here are our winning purchases. And we've got a Blue Gingham Pumpkin longall in the mail!
The best part of all is these smocked are at least half the price of retails stores!
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment