Henry turned THREE weeks old on Friday, and to celebrate we decided it was time for Mommy and Daddy to have a date night! I have been pumping at least once per day like it's my job, so we knew we had a feeding covered. The bigger question- could Mommy get over her separation anxiety and enjoy a 2-3 hour dinner date? I can not believe I am one of those moms who gets major anxiety at the thought of being away from my baby. I NEVER in a million years thought I would be this way and I am trying to break myself of this. Although, after my first week of flying solo with Henry during the work day, to say I had been getting cabin fever would be the understatement of the century. Prior to date night, the major excursion of our week had been two walks to the post office. Mama needed some time out of the house! Thank goodness for Grandma! My mom arrived right on time and I seriously felt giddy at the thought of putting on real clothes and going to a real restaurant!
As we drove off, my feelings were mixed- 1/3 guilt, 1/3 FREEDOM (like we had just busted out of prison), and 1/3 contemplating grabbing a hotel room and sleeping for 3 hours instead of our romantic dinner!
Marty and I went to one of our favorite places, Monica Pope's T'afia. We sat outside and enjoyed the amazing fall weather that has FINALLY graced Houston. We tried our hardest to talk about all things NOT Henry (fail). And most importantly, when we arrived back home we were greeted by a slumbering baby who never even needed to take his bottle because he slept the whole time (1.5 hours) we were away! First date night = success! Mom- what are you up to next weekend??!?!
Sunday, October 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment