From Daddy:
Henry,
You turn one month today, and what a month it’s been. It has without question been the best, but toughest month of our lives! We love you so much we just break all the rules…you sleep with us in bed, we feed you on demand and we never put you down, even when you’re napping. You love to hang out with your dad in the middle of the night, usually from about 4-5am, but most of the time you’re not fussy, so I don’t really mind. I will tell you one thing, your mommy loves you sooo much! She has been incredible taking care of you and never loses her temper, which she used to do all the time with daddy before you were born. She has a hard time letting you out of her sight! Daddy loves your mommy so much more now watching her turn into a wonderful mother. Daddy loves to put you in the ergo baby and walk you around the house, but you always fall asleep! If you’re not in the ergo baby, you love for daddy to just carry you and make lap after lap around the house so you can check everything out. Within the last week or so, you’ve started paying attention to your mobiles and even try to hit the little birdies above your changing table with your hands! Everyone tells us how handsome you are and how much you look like your daddy, which makes me happy. I’m so happy I have a little boy and can’t wait for you to grow up so we can play together! As I write this you’re laying next to me in bed napping looking like a little angel. We are so blessed to have you and can’t imagine our lives without you in it. Happy one month birthday little guy. Your daddy loves you so much.
From Mommy:
Henry,
I once read that to decide to have a child is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. Reflecting on our first month together, I don't think I was prepared for exactly how much I was going to love you, my little guy!
What an adventure this month has been. From those first few nights home with you nestled right between Mommy and Daddy safe and secure in your Snuggle Nest. I awoke every 10 minutes just to make sure you were still breathing (cliche but true) and really just to stare in awe at "oh my gosh this is OUR baby...." Speaking of being our baby, do you know how much you look like your Daddy? You two are identical. I keep waiting for one small feature or mannerism resembling me to emerge, but so far your are 110% Daddy.
We've already learned so much from you. Small things like how to change a diaper and burp a baby. The difference between baby wipes and nursery wipes (when you were a tiny tiny baby on your first days home, your Daddy confused the two and was wiping your bottom with wipes intended to clean the nursery- thankfully they were organic!) Big things, like PATIENCE! You see, Mommy is probably one of the most impatient people out there and you have made it so easy to change. Even during our 12:38AM - 2AM car ride around town the other night to get you to finally fall asleep.
In this first month your favorite things in the world are: nursing (any time, all the time), your Ergo Baby carrier (Daddy always carries you around during the evening and you instantly relax and fall right to sleep), baths with Mommy (especially when you get nice and relaxed and poo poo and tinkle all over Mommy in the tub), going on car rides, the mobile in your crib that plays Mozart and Bach (so far your prefer the Bach), and long walks in your bassinet.
Henry, we love you more than we ever could have imagined and more than you'll ever know. Not only do we love you so much, but every day we are touched to see how much each of your grandparents love you too. You are a lucky little boy and we are even luckier that God picked us as your parents. Onto Month 2 and more adventures....Love, Mommy
| Your 1 Month Birthday Cake from Grandpa |







Oh Kristyn, I think we are the same person! Your feelings reflect exactly how I (still) feel about Georgia. And I was the world's most impatient person before her. She's really taught me alot about staying calm. Glad you are all three adjusting well, and I love your blog posts!
ReplyDeleteI love that Henry looks like he's almost doing a rock and roll sign in that picture! Happy 1 month Henry!
ReplyDelete