Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Bargain(ish) Shopping

A few weeks ago I picked up this adorable Christmas corduroy overall and matching onesie from Janie and Jack for Henry to rock during the holidays.


I purchased them both for full price and when I noticed online last week that they were now 20% off, I thought to myself "I should do a return and repurchase to save the 20%."  This novel idea is new to me, as the 80+ hour work week version of myself would have calculated the ROI on tracking down the receipt and driving to the store to make the return and I probably would have just written the whole thing off.  Either that or just be lazy. Maternity leave version of Kristyn is both crafty and frugal, so off to Janie and Jack we went.

I am so glad we did!  As soon as I walked in to the store, I discovered that all sale items are currently an additional 25% off!!!! So for only $11 more than I initially paid for the two cute items above, we came home with all of this!  The cute little cardigan that matches the overalls was regularly $46 and I feel like i got it for $5.50!  Who would pay $46 for a cardigan for a 3 month old?!  (Ok, who am I kidding...probably me on an impulse buy).  Especially a holiday one they will likely where just once or twice.  $5.50- I'll take it!



No comments:

Post a Comment