Sunday, November 6, 2011

Henry's Baptism



Yesterday was a special day, as we celebrated Henry's Baptism!  Henry was baptized at St. Anne Catholic Church, the same place where Marty and I were married just over two years ago and where I was baptized during the Easter vigil in 2010.  I feel so lucky because Father Tom, the sweet and brilliant priest who baptized me, agreed to hold a private baptism ceremony just for Henry.  Father Tom did  such a great job yesterday and it was wonderful to have the intimate setting with our close family and friends.  I am touched that the same priest baptized both Henry and I in the same place.  When I was pregnant and asked 80 year old+ Father Tom if he would baptize Henry, he jokingly replied "So long as I don't die first!"  I hope Father Tom sticks around with us for years and years to come so he can baptize all of the Hogan babies.




Henry is a lucky boy with the best godparents ever!.  His godmother, Lori, is one of my life long best friends.  When I was a little girl, and even still, Lori is the big sister I never had. Some of my favorite memories are of us doing dance moves in her bedroom to Madonna's "Like a Prayer."  Matt, Henry's godfather, is Marty's best friend and frat brother from UNC.  Matt and his wife Kate are an awesome couple and have even fostered children from Eastern Europe.



Being the planner that I am, I have been crafting this day for weeks.  The baptism was at 9AM so we decided to have everyone over to our house before we headed to our 11AM brunch.  I was eager to actually put some Pinterest recipes to test.  Both the fruit kabobs and White Sangria were yummy Pinterest finds.


Following drinks, snacks, and a costume change for Henry, we headed to Brennan's for brunch. The event team at Brennan's were such a pleasure to work with and helped me put together the perfect menu!  I also reached out to the florist from our wedding for the gorgeous flower arrangements...


I tapped my favorite, Angie's Cake Balls, for favors and wrapped them with these cute little cross charms I snagged for 50% off at Michaels!  Angie did an amazing job as always, with vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet cake balls adorned with crosses, H's, and hearts.  The "Henry Martin Hogan" labels were left over from when I mailed his invites and I thought they were a perfect little touch!  Motherhood is making me so crafty!


Yesterday was such a perfect day and we feel so blessed to not only have our precious baby boy, but also so many people in our lives who love us!

Here are a few more candids from the day....



I love this one- 2 generations of God Fathers and God Sons!




No comments:

Post a Comment