Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 1- Operation Sugar Detox

I mentioned last week in my Baby Weight Candid Confession that I would be starting a sugar detox.  Today is the day!  I am following the plan set forth in the e-book by Sarah Wilson.   I am not 100% certain I will follow it to a T, especially in the latter weeks when the book calls for even giving up fruit, but we shall see!

Per the direction of the e-book, my main goal for this week is to:  "pare back on sugar and refined carbohydrates." Essentially I plan to give up all super processed dessert like sugars.  Things like my daily cookie, cakes, and ice cream habit.  As a tradeoff, I am going to allow myself to eat ANYTHING else I want, so long as it is not considered a dessert and/or sugary snack.  I am very curious to see if simply giving up sugary desserts, but eating whatever the heck else I want will have any impact on the scale!  Watch me gain 5lbs!  HA!  

I have literally already today had to fight off my urge to grab a "Texas Chewie Pecan Praline" while in line at Central Market (these are delicious by the way, and usually my reward for enduring the grocery shopping).  But, I prevailed.  So far on the menu for today has been a non-fat soy latte for breakfast (not packed with nutrition, I know), whole wheat mac and cheese for lunch, and dinner will be pesto salmon and green beans.  BORING!!!

Update to follow next week....along with my plan for the week 2 mandate:  "Operation eat Fat."  I like the sound of that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment