Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November 9th, 2011- Two Months





Sweet Henry (aka Boo Boo, Buttercup, Little Buddy, Buddy Boo),

You are TWO months old today!  It's a bittersweet day for Mommy, because it means we are halfway through maternity leave.  My time home with you has been so, so precious and it is just flying by!  You have had quite a monumentus second month of life.  Some of your big adventures have included your first three trips to the zoo, walks to the pumpkin patch,  your first Halloween, and our runs at Memorial Park!  We're getting so close to running the entire loop again and I love starring at your little chubby cheeks shake, shake, shake as Mommy nearly drops dead of cardiac arrest pushing you along!  This past month you and I also survived Daddy's first overnight trip!   While Daddy was out of town, you were my hot date for my 31st Birthday dinner and even though you didn't pick up the bill, it was my best birthday date yet.  You gave Mommy the very best birthday gift ever too- your very first REAL smile.  And once you cracked that first smile, you haven't stopped!  Mommy and Daddy get so excited to see your big gummy grin and we will go to ridiculously great lengths to get you to flash us one (seriously, you should see some of the crazy things I make your Daddy do).  Your favorite time to smile is first thing in the morning on your changing table...just before you let out an explosive poopy toot! 

This past month you started really loving your bouncy chair (not just tolerating it like last month)!  You look like such a big boy when you sit in your green Bumbo chair too! We can hardly believe how strong you are- you've been holding up that little head of yours practically from birth, and now  you are starting to bear weight on those chubby little legs too!  And when I read that this is a developmental milestone for four month olds, I had to restrain myself from spending the rest of the day researching early application to Ivy League schools.  You are growing so fast and I wiped away tears when we moved a few of your itty bitty newborn clothes from their hangers to the "too small clothes" bin in the back of your closet.  Can't you just stay my little tiny baby boy forever?

You are still loving your nighttime baths with Mommy!  I have been studying up on my children's music (what did Mommy's do before You Tube?) and every night we rehearse some new songs in the tub!  Our favorite song right now is "Daddy's Taking us to the Zoo Tomorrow."  Daddy says that he may have to move to the zoo unless I take singing lessons ASAP, because let's face it, your Mommy was blessed with a lot of things and the ability to carry a tune is certainly not one of them.   But if my boy likes the songs, then sing I will!  You could stay in the tub for hours (just like your Mommy) and even after you've turned into a little wrinkly prune baby, sometimes you will still cry when it's time to get out...

The biggest event in your second month of life was this past weekend when we celebrated your Baptism. I pray that your Daddy and I can do our best to light a little fire in your heart for Jesus.  With each month of your little life that passes, we understand even more our responsibility to teach you so much about this great big world and make sure grow up to be a good man.

Well, my sweet baby boy...here's to another month of you!  We fall more and more and more in love with each day- so much that some days my heart hurts and could nearly explode with the love it is full of for you! I heard a song lyric this week that rang so true- "People that I barely knew love me because I am part of you."  Thank you for bringing so much love into our lives.

Love,
Mommy

Here are some of your 2 month stats:
Weight:  12 lbs, 4oz (65th percentile)
Height:  24 inches (86th percentile)
Head Circumference:  39.5 cm (39th percentile)
Sleep:  So far your longest stretch is 5 1/2 hours (10:30PM - 4AM)!  We are averaging two 4 hour stretches
Eat:  You are still 100% breastfed with an occasional pumped bottle thrown in the mix a few times a week
Oh Mommy, You SO Funny!

Comparison Shot

No comments:

Post a Comment