Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rawfully Organic

Rawfully Organic

About a year ago, Marty had a college friend who lives in Portland come in town for a visit.  He mentioned that he was a part of an organic vegetable/fruit co-op and each week he would get a surprise box full of fruits and veggies, which would then dictate exciting new and healthy recipes he would experiment with throughout the week.  Your box has beets?  Time to find some beet recipes!

I remember thinking what a great idea, but didn't give it much serious thought until last week when I stumbled across this website:  Rawfully Organic.  It's my organic vegetable/fruit co-op dreams come true! Check out the "About Us" section.  The founder is a total inspiration!  Not only did she start this awesome not for profit co-op with 3500+ members, but she also follows a strict raw 80/10/10 diet.  I can hardly go a day without a cookie, much less surviving on raw fruits and veggies alone!  

So on my never-ending quest to live a little bit healthier (and eat more veggies!), I ordered our first share which we picked up on Saturday!  For $47, we got a big box full of bananas, grape fruit, kale, apples, pears, oranges, green beans, lettuce, green pepper, avocado, carrots, watermelon, pineapple, tomatoes, just to name a few!  All fresh, mostly local, and all organic!  We spent Sunday planning our weekly dinner menus (something we NEVER DO) around the contents of our box and cutting up a lot of the fruit to have a quick snacks to grab throughout the week.  I am hoping this is a routine we can stick to!  

A peek into our veggie box


No comments:

Post a Comment